Toggle System Apps
This is the home page of a channel. It is similar to someone's profile "wall" in a social network context. Posts created by the channel are displayed according to the observer's viewing permissions.
Create a Post
If you have permission to create posts on the channel page, then you will see the post editor at the top.
Thu, 05 Nov 2020 12:55:16 +0100
wrote the following
Thu, 05 Nov 2020 10:43:50 +0100
Hubzilla 5.0 Released!
It has been a wild and fun development cycle with many challenges. Here is a brief summary of the most notable changes:
Zot6 has been implemented as the primary messaging protocol in Hubzilla. Most work in this development cycle has gone into this project. What you will notice is that the network field in your connections list will turn from
as soon as your contacts' hubs will be upgraded.
Direct messages are messages that are addressed to one or more single connections. They are accessible from your network stream. A direct messages filter has been added to the stream filters widget for quick access. The Mail app has been deprecated in favor of direct messages.
Mail app moved to addons
There is no concept of private mail in the zot6 protocol. If you require access to your legacy mail, you will need to ask your hub admin to install the mail addon. This will allow you to install the legacy Mail app.
The way we interact with forums has changed. To post to a forum you can now simply select a forum from the ACL selector.
Hubzilla now has support for polls with multiple options. This feature is compatible with activitypub polls and is available directly from the post editor. The vote feature has been deprecated in favor of polls.
Notifications have been rewritten to implement server sent events. It is required to install the SSE addon to receive real time notifications. Also some useful new features were added.
Due to the upgrade to the zot6 protocol there are some drawbacks
- Sourced RSS feeds will not federate via zot6 unless the option "Resend posts with this channel as author" is selected. The authors are not valid actors.
- Anonymous comments will not federate via zot6. The authors are not valid actors.
- Community tagging has been disabled. It will be re-enabled when it is agreed upon how to implement it for compatibility with other projects.
- The chess addon has been moved to addons-unsupported until it will be ported to the ActivityStreams2 data format.
- Channel clones at hubs which are at Hubzilla version < 4.7.4 will be disconnected until the clone hubs will be updated.
For a more detailed changelog please have a look
to all contributors and everybody who is supporting Hubzilla. Special thanks to @
Funds privacy tech/open search
which is supporting my work for Hubzilla.
How to upgrade?
- create a backup
from the terminal
- make sure all DB updates (especially 1236) have been successfully applied
php util/z6convert.php dry-run
from the terminal for a dry run (no data will be modified with this option)
from the terminal (this will take a while...)
Link to Source